Monday, August 5, 2013

Equality and Books

A little random, but I read this quote today:

“My daughter is seven, and some of the other second-grade parents complain that their children don't read for pleasure. When I visit their homes, the children's rooms are crammed with expensive books, but the parent's rooms are empty. Those children do not see their parents reading, as I did every day of my childhood. By contrast, when I walk into an apartment with books on the shelves, books on the bedside tables, books on the floor, and books on the toilet tank, then I know what I would see if I opened the door that says 'PRIVATE--GROWNUPS KEEP OUT': a child sprawled on the bed, reading.” ― Anne FadimanEx Libris: Confessions of a Common Reader

With today's technology, not a lot of people have books scattered throughout the house. I almost want to buy books just to do this. I want my kids to be interested in reading. The more they read, the more they will know.

No comments: