Monday, July 3, 2023

Photography and Editing

Do you think I'd make a good photographer?

I spent hundreds of dollars on a fancy Nikon DSLR and I hardly ever use the thing. It used to live in my car so that I would always have it with me when I decided to run away and relax in nature. However, I'm so worried about it being stolen and my car getting broken into, that it now lives on a shelf in my room collecting dust. Plus, I'm pretty sure my new phone takes better photos than anything I could pull together on manual mode from the camera. I've recently pulled it out though and thought I'd try to re-learn how to use it. Manual mode on a DSLR is somewhat of an art form all on it's own, right?

---

Day two and I'm focusing on installing new photo editing software. A few months ago, I spent a good amount of money on a computer upgrade and figured I might as well put it to the test. I've installed a few new games that I enjoy playing and now I will have Photoshop and Lightroom again to figure out how to use as well. It's been a few versions since I've last played with the program, and there have been a lot of upgrades. Things that I used to have to do completely manual are now done with a push of a button. Is learning new software considered being creative? I'm thinking so, since I'll be working on recreating some digital scrapbooking pages as practice. Another thing that I used to enjoy doing. We'll see if I still have the heart for it.

-- J

No comments: